Let me start by saying it’s a must-read book if you wish to understand your mind better. Why do specific thoughts crowd your mind, why you behave in a particular manner, and how can you change this pattern. This book is a legendary work by Dr Joseph Murphy.
This book will also help understand the minds of others better, empathize with their thoughts, behaviours, and actions.
It’s a comprehensive book with 20 chapters densely written. The book dabbles with how our mind works and how we can heal our mind. It talks about how to use the power of our subconscious mind to generate wealth and success.
This book reminds us of the importance of sleep to nurture and leverage the power of our subconscious mind.
It gets even more profound when the author associates marital problems, happiness, harmonious human relations, forgiveness, mental blocks, and fears with the subconscious mind. Also, how to get rid of anxiety, mental blocks, marital problems using the power of the subconscious mind.
Finally, the book talks about how to stay young in spirit forever. We see many people around us who seem to be living the life to the fullest, no matter what’s their age. As if age never caught up with them. This book explores how to stay young in heart forever.
The best part is, at the end of every chapter, the author lists down points to revise, allowing the reader to look back, ponder over and take necessary actions.
Some of my personal favourites from the book are.
- When thoughts deposited in your subconscious mind are constructive, harmonious, and peaceful, the magic working power of your subconscious will respond and bring about harmonious conditions, agreeable surroundings, and the best of everything
- To change the external conditions, you must change the cause.
- Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life.
- The treasure house is within you. Look within for the answer to your heart’s desire.
- Every thought is a cause, and every condition is an effect.
- Change your thoughts, and you change your destiny.
- Your subconscious mind cannot take a joke. It takes you at your word.
- You have the capacity to choose, choose life! Choose love! Choose health!
- When mentally disturbed, the best procedure is to let go, relax and still the wheels of your thought process.
- Remind yourself frequently that the healing power is in your own subconscious mind.
- The kinetic action of the subconscious mind continues throughout your sleep time. Hence give the subconscious mind something useful to work on as you drop off to slumber.
- Like the engineer, your mind also has a technique for governing, controlling and directing your life.
- Your word is silent and invisible; nevertheless, it is real.
- A thankful heart is always close to the riches of the Universe.
- It is normal to be healthy. It is abnormal to be ill. There is within the innate principle of harmony
- When your mind is relaxed, and you accept an idea, your subconscious goes to work to execute the idea.
- The feeling of health produces health; the feeling of wealth produces wealth; what do you feel?
- You are what you imagine yourself to be.
- Stop trying to get something for nothing. There is no such thing as a free lunch. You must give to receive.
- The key to wealth is the application of the laws of the subconscious mind by impregnating it with the idea of wealth.
I read this book after years. This time it felt like a new reading. Try this out, read the book you have already read before, after a few years. You will see different perspectives popping out.
What’s impressive is that the book equips us to use our subconscious mind to make it work on our favour, instead of against us. Also, it teaches us how we can activate the Universe around us for our benefit. Believe it or not, I used this technique to come out of the COVID scare I faced a few days back. And the result is in front of you. My report is negative, and I am thriving once again.